All seats in the U.S. House of Representatives are up for election in three weeks. The nonpartisan organization FairVote has found that only 10% of the 435 seats are competitive. Why? Because of unfair congressional map drawing known as redistricting or gerrymandering.
- A video explaining the redistricting process
- An Electrical Worker article explaining the recent history and impact redistricting has had on working families
- Interactive links detailing each state's redistricting process
- Shareable social media graphic
- Sample letter to the editor
This is an important nonpartisan topic and one of the many reasons it is so important they vote on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. - Lonnie Stephenson, IBEW President